- A table of contents for the articles placed as pages on this site John Baxter.Org. Just click on the highlights and you will go straight to the article.
- About Me. A quick CV of yours truly.
- Art & Imaging. What makes an image a work of art.
- Buddha Way. A fairly full treatment of the fundamentals of the tradition.
- Samsara Rebirth. An article giving a personal view on the subject.
- The Bowl. Its significance in the Theravada Buddhist tradition.
- Ethical Issues. Mindfulness
- Abortion. Do the Pro-Lifers Have A Point – even if they are wrong?
- Abortion. The “Pro-Life” and Catholic Case Carefully Examined. A long and detailed paper.
- Abortion. Who Suffers? A much shorter paper facing the question “Is Abortion Murder.”
- Mortality. A Time to Live and a Time to Die. A careful examination of the case for Assisted Dying and of the Dementia Tsunami.
- The Right to Choose a Safe, Painless Death. Revised version of the paper delivered to the ANVIL discussion group.
- New Report on Fetal Pain June 2010 A medical report.
- Sherborne Abbey Symposium on Assisted Dying. Report on a good conference.
- The War on Drugs and Incarceration in America. A timely article from Time Magazine pointing out how the US has got things quite wrong.
- Pope Benedict and Condoms – A Breakthrough? A short article on an amazing statement.
Open Religious Education
RE and Fundamentalism. The Threat A long article on the development and place of Open Religious Education in Schools based on 25 years of personal experience.
- RE Recommendations 2009 A paper givern to David Laws MP long before he became Minister for Schools in 2012.
- RE is Failing in Schools. Letter to the Minister for Schools.
- Poems. Most of these can also be listened to.
- Emergency Volunteer Corps. An idea put to Nick Clegg in 2009. Not taken up!
- London’s Burning August 9 2011 A personal response.
- Obama, Trump and Bin Laden.
- Olympics Hurrah! A critical approach to the Olympic Games.
- Three Weeks in South Africa March 2010. A careful article reflecting on post-apartheid SA
- Buddhism, Secular Transcendence and Humanism. 2013. A long and careful paper on how I moved from High Anglicanism to Buddhist Atheism. and the practice of Mindfulness.
- Catholics Betrayed by Church Leadership. The horror of the sexual cover-ups
- Christianity and Supernaturalism A careful examination of the place of supernatural beliefs in Christianity and why they are incredible.
- Clearing the Way for Rational Religion A careful examination of the possibility of a rational post-supernaturalist, non theist religion.
- Irish Catholics Rejecting Church Doctrine A report
- PHYSICS AND SPIRITUALIY by Professor John Burton A brilliant paper explaining where the sciences are leading us.
- Pope Benedict Visits Britain. Blogs
- The Gospels and Theistic Magic Realism. 2014. As a result of discussions with Jo Penberthy, vicar of Cucklington, I re-examine my thinking on supernaturalism and the historical Jesus and come up with a new way of categorising the Gospels TMR
- Take Heart An account of my heart attack and it treatment in 2006
- The CABG Patch A report of what it was like to have a triple by-pass operation in Bristol in 2006.
- World Views. An attempt in words and images to put across the key ideas.
COMMENTS : To prevent spam cluttering my email please send comments as emails to firstname.lastname@example.org . They will be much appreciated.